About this Policy
This website is operated by JP Cycle Services ("the company", "we" or "our). The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint
Who We Are
JP Cycle Services collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you ("you", "your", "yours").
The Personal Information We Collect and Use
Personal information is information which you can be identified from (and does not include any anonymised forms of information).
We may process the following types of personal information in relation to you:
- Home Address
- Contact Information, including email addresses and telephone numbers
- Financial Information (debit or credit card details)
- Information about your child(ren) including name(s), age(s), details of any special educational, behavioural, medical or physical needs
- Bicycle Make, Model, Colour and Age
How Your Information Is Collected
Your personal information will be collected as follows:
1. Personal information obtained from you directly
We will sometimes obtain information from you directly, including when you:
- Purchase our services and retail products
- Contact us directly on the telephone, via email, Facebook, Facebook Messenger or Instagram
- Create a user profile
- Contact us using the 'Contact Us' form on our website
- The website experience of our visitors and customers
- Identification of our registered members
- Monitoring and analysing the performance, operation and effectiveness of our platform
- Ensuring our platform is safe and secure to use.
3. Changes to the way in which we collect your personal information
In the event that we need to obtain personal information in relation to you from any other source than those described above, we shall notify you of this.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be used as follows:
1. General Purposes
In general, your personal information will be processed for the following purposes:
- To enter into a contract for the provision of bicycle mechanic services or bicycle coaching to you or your child(ren)
- To manage our business and website
- To send you marketing emails, newsletters, conduct online surveys, run competitions or other information which may interest you
2. Use of Your Information For Marketing Purposes
We have described above that one of the general purposes for which your data shall be processed is for our marketing purposes.
We wish to make you aware that you have the right to object or to opt out of any direct marketing material by:
- Unsubscribing via the link provided on all marketing communications
- Sending us an email with the subject OPT OUT to email@example.com
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
We have described above the purposes for which we may process your personal information. These purposes will at all times be justified by UK data protection law.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We will ensure the proper safety and security of your personal information an have measures in place to do so. We will also use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure. These measures are as follows:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you
- We store your data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology
Any data security breach will be reported and dealt with in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. You will be notified of any suspected data breach concerning your personal information.
Sharing Your Information
On any occasion where any of your personal information is shared with any third-party, we shall only permit them to process such information for our required purposes, under our specific instruction and not for their own purposes. We are required to enter into a formal legal agreement to enable such sharing to take place.
We do not anticipate that we will need to share your personal information with any third-party. We will notify you should this position change.
Retaining Your Information
We shall not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the purpose or purposes for which that personal data was originally collected, held and processed. We will review your personal data from time to time to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data and securely destroy all personal data once we no longer need it.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you visit a website. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website is not intended for children (anybody under the age of 18). We do not intend to collect data from children.
You have rights under the GDPR;
To access your personal data.
To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed.
To have your personal data corrected.
To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances.
To object or restrict how your data is processed.
To have your data transferred to yourself or another organisation in certain circumstances.
To object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
If you have any questions regarding our data processing practices or wish to exercise any of your rights, including changing your marketing preferences, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details shown at the end of this document.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us using the details shown at the end of this document.
Changes to this policy
We will keep this policy under regular review and reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website www.jpcycleservices.co.uk regularly for any amendments (but amendments will not be made retrospectively).
This Policy aims to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
Our contact details
Data Protection Officer
JP Cycle Services
6 Sorrel Road